MEANT TO BE TOGETHER

 

CHAPTER-1

It was nearly after 5 years, i have felt a spark of hope, hope of meeting her again . Years which passed away so fast trying to keep up in the race of life;working our asses off for making our career. People say this time is just an investment for making life comfortable and well settled. Sometimes I wonder if working 9 to 5 routine  and then coming home tired to hell just to gobble up some food and trying to have a sound sleep could be called Life. Well this was my so called Life, life which i have accustomed to after getting separated from her.Actually, Separation is not the correct word. I was the one who broke off the relation.Looking behind,even I could not find a single reason for this stupid arrogant, self destructing step of mine. Even though just some days later I realized my folly but even then I was having enough ego to go back to her and admit my mistake.
               
                   On the other end, she as heartbroken as one could be; left the city . I came to know this,when some months later I met one of our common friend. He told me when he tried to convince her to not go, she had replied," I can't live here anymore.This city,every street,every single place has memories attached.They haunt me." On hearing this i realized what I have done.I could not find her as she left no contact of her to anyone.
From that day Pain in my heart and guilt in my mind kept on increasing and I tried to suppress them by indulging myself in work;in vain.Even alcohol provided no relief. Nothing made me feel good

 So, when I came to know about the college reunion, I was not at all excited. But my friend jay convinced me to come by saying everyone out there from our batch is coming. May be Maya will also come.

  MAYA; name rang in my ears and whole reel of memories unfurled in a second.
Jay asked again, So you coming ?? And I said... "Yes".
   
For the first time in 5 years, I applied for leave in the office and obviously it was accepted. I started preparing for d college reunion. From that day,each waking moment I prayed to God,"Let this college reunion be the reunion of me and maya."
  
     She consistently was on my mind.
At times, I cried thinking of her. then I would smile thinking if i would see her again. I felt depressed thinking what if she didn't come or if after so much time someone else would be in her life:it was quite a possibility. I shopped shirt of her favourite colour for d occasion.
  But one thing was for sure,I desperately wanted to see her,atleast one single time. I need to let her know that what she means for me, that i realized my mistake. I want to cry my heart out to her.
                               
And then the day before, I left for Goa.

        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SHE

TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS...... BULLSHIT